Friday, November 19, 2010

The sun doesn’t shine when your around

I woke up in a world of darkness, well that’s what they tell me, its what the doctor says. I only remember waking up by your side, in a bed that was too small for your comfort. It was there in that bed that I realized the sun doesn’t shine when your around. Its always dark in that room, I could never really tell what was going on. It was like my eyelids were glued shut, I could hear your footsteps but I couldn’t see you. Then I would hear screams of a child and I would cry because I knew something was terribly wrong. I could hear it, I could smell it, I could feel it. It was horrible like flesh being peeled off and then shoved into a bleeding wound for someone’s sick pleasure. And when it was all over you would tell me you loved me, but all I could think about was the child.

When you left that day I saw the child for the first time in a corner of my room. The child was very scared and hurt. The closer I got to the child the more I realized this couldn’t be real. The child was covered in bruises and blood. I ask the child who did this? The child pointed to your picture. It was like a bad dream, I didn’t know what to do. Call the cops and save the child, or do nothing and stay with the one I love. I decided to make the right choice but the funniest thing happened, they took me instead. I told them about the child but they didn’t listen, they had me strapped to one of those emergency bed things and the next thing I knew I was in a hospital.

I keep telling them that they got the wrong person, that it was the child that was severely hurt, but they keep telling me I woke up in a world of darkness. Now I’m surrounded by doctors and nurses that keep telling me I’m going to be alright. This one nurse tells me I’m lucky because I survived. I don’t know what happened, all I know is the sun doesn’t shine when your around and I’m tired of being in the dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment