Sunday, June 26, 2011

Scarlet FEVER

I woke up way too early today by accident, dawn is just breaking in, but for some reason I have this sudden urge to run. I close my eyes for a second to imagine the stars fading away as I run through the wee hours of the morning- it’s an adrenaline rush. The excitement has filled by body within seconds that I don’t even bother to put on my shoes or wear my clothes, I run out in the nude. Everything was going fine until a shadow crossed by path, now I’m burning up, weighing a thousand pounds heavier as everything spins out of control. I lost my balance, now I’m on the floor and there is a strange figure standing to the right. 

His foot is ice cold as he places his foot over my mouth so that I won’t scream- his cold foot is a relief to my burning sensation. “Don’t hurt him”, says a women’s voice in the background as she came forward into the light. Hers eyes are scarlet red as they locked on to mine- it was like I couldn’t look away. It felt like I was under hypnosis, I could hear everything, but I couldn’t move an inch of my body- I was numb. Then the morning fog rolled in and they faded into the dark as I lay in a pool of blood, their gone. 

I’m not sure what happened, I’m not sure who they were or what they were, if they were human or if they were monsters. But I have a feeling a ritual was performed and now I have this scarlet fever. Did I find love? Was it lust? It couldn’t have been because I’ve never felt this way before. But I have all these bite marks all over my body and no teeth to show for it. Suddenly I feel sick. I feel disgusted. I can’t stand it. I closed my eyes- I just want this scarlet fever to go away. I scream as loud as I could, then I realized I was just in the comfort of my own home this whole time, was I dreaming? Because dawn is still breaking in… But why is my skin broken? I have scarlet FEVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment