Saturday, September 1, 2012

Something’s coming


Just when I think life is okay I hear about some devastating event. It leaves me thinking about how my life isn’t that bad, that I’m really doing better than those people I see on the news. But when it’s a quarter to midnight and I’m lying in bed alone, I know something’s coming. I can feel it in my shaking fingertips as I drawback the curtain to see out the window. Not a single star tonight. All of a sudden I feel sick as a sharp pain merges inside. The phone rings and I hesitate to answer because I know it’s bad news but I pick up wishing I hadn’t. 

It’s coming. Everything I feared, the day I wished would never happen, is here. And there is nothing I can do to prepare myself for what’s outside my door. Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. Nowhere to escape. I’m tapped and the only thing I can do is face the storm. With the phone still at my ear, I watch as my whole life is destroyed in one second, I blink, and by the time I open my eyes I’m in a new world with a new life. 

I wonder this strange new place trying to find a way back. But the past is gone. Completely obliterated from my mind. Just as I lose my thought I ask myself, what am I doing? Why am I here? Who am I? Confused by my own questions I begin to search for answers. I search day and night until finally I reach a city. Up on the horizon I see someone and I get that feeling that something’s coming that’s about to change my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment