Friday, September 14, 2012

Something new

I never felt this way before. I’m not happy but I’m not sad. I’m not excited but I’m not worried. I’m not calm but I’m not freaking out. This is something new, something different. For the first time in my life I don’t feel like my heart is breaking, even though everything around me is broken. As I look through the debris of my once called home, I don’t feel like crying, instead I smile like I never smiled before. I lost everything to the storm and that’s okay with me.

After about five minutes of staring at the other houses I realized only mine was completely destroyed. I can’t help but think it was personal, that this storm was just out to get me, to rip me to shreds. But it doesn’t faze me or even break my smile. I stand tall, shoulders back, head up, and continue walking like nothing ever happened. I don’t know where I’ll go or what I’ll do but nothing can break me, not with this new me.

I walk about fifty years when a small parchment flies right cross my face and I catch it with my hand. It reads: I can make your fantasies come true, just give me a call at two, five, four, eight, three, one, nine. I normally don’t do these kinds of things but this is something new. I reach a payphone and with just enough coins in my pocket, I dial the number. When the phone starts to ring my heart starting pounding faster and faster, and after about six rings my heart is beating so fast I can hardly feel it. Then a voice answer the phone and says “how do you want me to make your fantasizes come true?” I respond with “I want to try something new”.

No comments:

Post a Comment