Saturday, September 8, 2012

Something changed

I wake in terror. It was just a bad dream I tell myself, go back to sleep. I look over to your side of the bed, its empty.  I run my hand through the sheets, cold as ice. All of a sudden I feel like I’m dying, like someone dug a really deep knife into my chest and in any moment I’ll be dead. Something changed during the night and I don’t know what or how I woke up barely breathing. How one day we were fine and the next day I’m barely alive. 

I call out your name but all I hear is my echo in this empty house. All your stuff is gone, why? I don’t know how it got to this point where we leave in the middle of the night. Where we don’t say goodbye, leaving me behind, until I die. I start to realize I’m not going to survive the night, that by morning I’ll be dead, and you’ll be in bed with someone else. 

As I laid there on the floor waiting to die, something changed. I started breathing again. I stopped dying. I was reborn. I don’t know what has saved me from a terrible fate but I thank god I live stronger than before. I pick myself up and go to bed. I wake in bliss as I hear the weathered changed overnight on the radio. Something changed overnight and I don’t know what but I have a feeling it’s something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment